- The member
- The member's spouse
- Never-married dependent children of the member or member's spouse, under 21 years of age, who are permanent residents of the member's household or full-time students
- Dependent children under age 18 for whom the member or member's spouse is legal guardian
- Any dependent child, regardless of age, who is physically disabled or mentally incapacitated and unable to make legally binding decisions, unable to be employed, 51% or more financially dependent upon the member and member's spouse and lives at home with the member or member's spouse.
WHAT DO YOU GET?- ADVICE
- Your Assigned Lawyer will attend all proceedings before the Rent Control offices with you.
- If need be, your Assigned Lawyer will represent your interests up to the level of the High Court of Ghana.
- A phone call or letter on an attorney's letterhead where required at the discretion of your Assigned Lawyer/Law Firm can help you get the results you need.
- After-hours legal consultation for covered legal emergencies such as: if you're arrested or detained, if you're seriously injured, or if you're served with a Writ or any Warrant.
- Coverage if you are named a defendant or respondent in a civil action suit for up to GH¢15,000.00 in legal fees.
- Coverage if you are named a defendant in a criminal action for up to GH¢15,000.00 in legal fees.
- Power Of Attorney.
- Will preparation for you with annual reviews and updates.
- Tenancy Agreements and other Deeds of Conveyance.
- Representation under this benefit is provided when you have a valid driver's licence and are driving a non-commercial motor vehicle.
- Motor vehicle related criminal charge representation for up to GH¢15,000.00 in legal fees.
- Representation for any and all insurance claims.
- Are you an employee? Do you know your rights and duties as an employee? Are you a victim of sexual harassment at the workplace? Do you feel that you are or have been subject to unfair labour practice(s) at your workplace? Do you feel wrongfully subjected to a disciplinary process or that your views have not been considered during any such process? Do you feel wrongfully terminated from your employment? Do you have any probing questions regarding ways to channel your grievances and to demand what is rightfully yours at the workplace? Have you been injured in the course of your employment?
- If you have ever been confronted or are likely to be confronted with any of the scenarios as captured above, Vertex Legal Protection is for you.
- As a Member, your Assigned Lawyer/ Law Firm will provide you with first class legal advice, guidance and services on all employment/ labour related issues. These services include writing letters on your behalf, providing representation before any disciplinary procedure commenced at the instance of your employer and making claims for compensation on your behalf if you suffer any injuries during the course of your employment.
- One (1) name change per membership year.
- Representation by your Assigned Lawyer/ Law Firm for uncontested adoption proceedings.
- Uncontested adoption is defined as an adoption in which all parties have agreed in writing to the adoption, all required consents are attainable and the adoption is not contested or challenged.
- Representation by your Lawyer/ Law Firm for legal separation.
- Representation by your Assigned Lawyer/ Law Firm in divorce proceedings. This cover is only for dissolution and custody of children, if there are any children of the marriage.
- The fee for Property Settlement & Financial Provision shall not be covered by Vertex Legal Protection Limited and shall be negotiated for separately by the Assigned lawyer with the member.
- Where the member is also a lawful beneficiary of an Estate, your Assigned Lawyer/ Law Firm will provide representation in applications for Probate or Letters of Administration, as the case may be.
- Your Assigned Lawyer/ Law Firm will take you through the final and proper distribution of a deceased person’s Estate of which you are a beneficiary such as the preparation of a Vesting Assent where required.
- Note that this service is only accessible where the deceased is a spouse, child or parent of the member.
- Law firms or lawyers may be prevented by ethical rules from presenting a claim, defence, or legal position that the law firm believes to be frivolous, false or without merit. It is up to the Lawyer's professional judgment to determine whether or not your claim, defence or legal position may prevail in court or is frivolous or without merit. Emergency services are subject to conditions imposed by the detaining/questioning authority. Situations involving business-related matters are not covered by this membership. Fines, judgment debts, court costs, ad litem fees, penalties, expert witness fees, bonds, bail bonds and out-of-pocket expenses are not covered by this membership. Any person or entity who initiates or participates in a lawsuit against the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, or is named as a defendant or respondent in a lawsuit initiated by the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, shall be specifically excluded from receiving any of the legal services provided by the membership, during the pendency of such lawsuit or until its resolution. Matters, issues, consultations, actions, proceedings, or disputes between a member and the Lawyer or the member and the Company are excluded from this membership. Any matter which the Lawyer determines is resolved or has been raised an unreasonable number of times without substantial change of circumstance will no longer be covered under the membership. Any matters which are covered by any insurance policy are excluded from coverage. Significantly, in terms of the court hierarchy in Ghana, all litigation related benefits receivable under this Plan are only covered up to the level of the High Court of Ghana. This is a general overview of your membership plan coverage for illustration purposes only. Please see a plan contract for complete terms, coverage, conditions and exclusions.
House No. 89, Star Oil Filling Station Building, Baatsonaa – Spintex.
P.O. Box 9320, KIA – Airport, Accra.